Thursday 4 September 2014

Better omens.

Due to still needing time off work to keep recovering, and the need to be doing something productive within that time, I am going back to school full time.  With the recent discovery of still having a bunch of upper level electives available towards my BA, I made the decision. To spend them in the theatre.  While there were concerns both over my lack of previous theatrical experience, I quickly gave them more to be concerned about when I showed up to class with my leg in a cast.  Fortunately, my first day worked out pretty well, as neither handicap seemed to get in the way.

Now, I have a cousin, who I typically only see once every ten years.  Strangely though, despite the number of years that pass without contact, when we do meet, we surprisingly find ourselves still having a lot in common.  While this could be attributed to genetics, which a lot of it probably is, the two of us recently uncovered a coincidence that is particularly uncanny.  While this is my first year going into theatre,  my cousin has been pursuing acting right out of high school.  So, when I find out that the director for this semester's holiday production does a lot of work in my cousin's hometown, I am curious if there is any connection.  As it turns out, while the director hasn't previously met my cousin, he is going to be juggling productions between Chilliwack and Fort McMurray, and to top that off, he will be directing a production that my cousin will be auditioning for this weekend.  So yeah,  bizarre coincidences just seem to come naturally to us.  I'm taking it as a small sign that this is the right thing for me to be doing in my life.

Regardless of whether I get a role or not in the production,  I'm pretty optimistic that this fall is going to be a good one, as long as I don't let the difficulties in my life stop me from chasing my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment