Monday 17 September 2012

Mage Knight Review Delayed...

While I said that I'd be putting out my review today, as it turns out, the game is still pretty long regardless of whether you have a basic grasp of the rules yet or not, and we didn't have enough time to complete the full game.  So one thing that I will tell  you is that the game is a pretty long one, so you'll likely need to be either playing with only two players, play with a shorter number of days, or start in the early afternoon and just devote a day to playing the game.  Still, I've been enjoying the game enough to keep playing it thus far, so despite it's steep learning curve and lengthy playtime, the overall feel of the game has been pretty good.

I'll be playing again tonight with only one other player, (which is the recommended number, according to board game geek) and we'll see if we can plow through an entire game so we can get a proper opinion on the game is a whole.  (There are some aspects to the game that we haven't even seen yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment